Place Your Advert Here

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Obi’s aide tells Umeh to mind his business

Mr. Valentine Obienyem, the Senior Special Assistant to Anambra State Governor, on Media and Publicity, has appealed to the former National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, to mind his business and stop bringing him into a controversy he knows nothing about. Obienyem was reacting to the  allegation by Chief Victor Umeh that he was the source of the story accusing him  of wishing that the Arik plane carrying Obi, which ran into  troubled weather on Tuesday, crashed as a means by which  God would teach politicians the transient nature of earthly powers.
Obienyem described as beyond explanation, the linking of his name to the story,  more so, when, according to him,  an online publication that broke the news did not hide their identity.
“I do not know the origin of the news nor do I know the publisher of the paper to ascribe it to me. I recall that the publisher, perhaps an expert in investigative journalism, got my number from sources I do not know and he called me repeatedly to confirm the news. When I could not pick, he sent a text message to me, which I have not deleted from my phone,  bringing my attention to the news and seeking my reaction. I replied him that I had not seen nor read about the news and that I believe Chief Victor Umeh would not make such a statement even when it is not beyond him to nurse such a wish. He insisted on the credibility of his source and I merely appealed to him to leave me out of the saga,” Obienyem said.
Describing Umeh’s statement as “unfortunate,” Obienyem said that Umeh’s life lately had shown the dangers inherent among those that see politics as an occupation rather than a vocation, insisting that the dead wish, which those present had confirmed as truth, shows Umeh as one of those who can do anything for the sake of politics.


0 comments:

Post a Comment